Apply for Funding
The Friends of Lesotho (FOL) Donations Committee reviews all applications for funding and makes recommendations to the full FOL Board during its meetings, which are held five times per year. Applications for funding must be received by the Donations Committee no later than 6 weeks prior to a Board meeting in order to be reviewed at the next Board meeting. (See calendar below.)
2016-2017 Application Due Dates:
|Applications received by:||Will be reviewed at the following Board meeting:|
|August 7, 2016||September 18, 2016|
|October 9, 2016||November 20, 2016|
|December 4, 2016||January 15, 2017|
|April 9, 2017||May 21, 2017|
|June 4, 2017||July 16, 2017|
|August 6, 2017||September 17, 2017|
|October 8, 2017||November 9, 2017|
If you are interested in obtaining funding for your project, please review the guidelines below and, if you feel that you would qualify, complete the funding application form and return it to the Donations Committee.
Friends of Lesotho Funding Guidelines:
- Projects/events funded by FOL should provide assistance to/benefit Basotho in the areas of community development, health, education, culture and history.
- A completed FOL application is required for consideration for funding. Additional background documents (e.g., organizational strategic plan, business plans) are welcome.
- The maximum FOL donation per project is $7500.
- The FOL Board may request additional information from the requesting organization throughout the course of its review of the application.
- Funds are available via wire transfer. The recipient is responsible for associated wiring fees.
- At the FOL Board’s discretion a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) or Letter of Agreement (LOA) may be required prior to formal approval.
- Applicants for funding should not assume that their application is approved for funding until they receive an official approval from FOL.
- Upon completion of a project, successful recipients of FOL donations are required to submit a Project Completion Report that: 1) details how funds were expended and outcomes of the project/event, and 2) includes an article, pictures or videos (if available) for use by FOL in newsletters, annual reports, FOL website or other venues.
Ask FOL for help transferring funds or supplies to Lesotho
Members and friends sometimes ask FOL for help to transfer funds or supplies to Lesotho for special projects when individuals or their organizations do not have the means to do so. Special distributions have included: educational materials, sports equipment and books. FOL has also assisted with university-led service-learning projects and bank transfers. FOL considers all requests on a case-by-case basis. Funds received by FOL for projects not previously established will promptly be returned to the donor.
FOL requires a Completion Report when the project is completed, including photos, video, etc. if available.
Send questions to Kathy Jacquart, FOL Donations Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Peace Corps Volunteers
Peace Corps volunteers seeking funding for a project must apply through the Peace Corps Partnership Program. FOL regularly reviews the PCPP website and considers projects for funding.